Download Full Text (229 KB)
A panel discussion during Black History Month and the Office of Career Services' Entertainment Law Week, Diversity in Music will feature an esteemed group of music industry professionals. The discussion will focus on the structure of the legal field within the industry and diversity in practice. The panel will explore the various legal roles within the industry, highlighting the differences between transactional law and litigation, as well as in-house vs. law firm experiences. Additionally, we will discuss issues and developments pertaining to equity and inclusion within legal departments/law firms and the industry as a whole, with a focus on topics such as underrepresentation in executive roles, relevant corporate initiatives, and various challenges faced by members of underrepresented backgrounds in the field.
- Maddy Batliboi, Global Head of Music Legal - Meta
- Vernon Brown, V Brown & Company (music & sports management company)
- Reece Cooke, Director of Business & Legal Affairs - Atlantic Records & 300 Elektra Entertainment
- Waleed Diab ('04) , Global Head of Recorded Music Business Development - YouTube
- Aïcha Forbes-Diaby, Music Associate - Manatt
Entertainment, Arts, and Sports Law | Law
Cardozo Entertainment Law Society, Cardozo Black Law Students Association, Cardozo FAME Center, and Cardozo Office of Career Services, "Diversity in Music" (2023). Flyers 2022-2023. 16.