Download Full Text (306 KB)
Dean Melanie Leslie ’91 will moderate a panel of distinguished alumni who will speak about their experiences working to advance LGBTQ+ rights in the legal world. They will discuss cases and projects they have worked on, how recent high-profile legislation targeting the LGBTQ+ community has impacted their work and provide advice for law students who want to enter the field.
- Taylor Brown ’17 is a Staff Attorney in the ACLU’s LGBTQ & HIV Project.
- Jason Starr ’10 has over 15 years of experience as an attorney, educator and strategist in the fight for human rights.
- Debra Guston ’88 is a partner at Guston & Guston, LLP and a Visiting Lecturer at Rutgers School of Law with expertise on topics of adoption, assisted reproduction and LGBT issues.
- Nina Frank ’11 is Counsel at Outten & Golden LLP in New York, where she represents individual employees in litigation and negotiation in all areas of employment law.
- Ryan Nelson ’11 is an Assistant Professor of Law at South Texas College of Law in Houston.
Human Rights Law | Law | Legal Profession
Cardozo Dean's Office and Cardozo OUTLaw, "Making a Career Working for LGBTQ+ Rights: An Alumni Panel" (2023). Event Invitations 2023. 9.